Black men living in the UK are:
- more likely than average to be referred to mental
health services through the criminal justice system.
- more likely to be diagnosed with mental health problems
- more likely to be diagnosed and admitted to hospital
- more likely to experience a poor outcome from treatment
- more likely to disengage from mainstream mental health services, leading to social exclusion and a deterioration in their mental health.
This is because mainstream mental-health services fail to understand or provide services that are appropriate and accessible to Black Men
What can we as adult Black men do to address and deal with our ‘inner child’ trauma?
Black MENtalKING! is a place for Black men to talk and learn from each other how trauma affects us and if not recognised, our children, bringing chaos instead of healing to the lives of our loved ones and those around us. We will host conversations, have guest speakers, as well as watch material during our online video meetings to support our collective and individual journeys.
If you feel this is a subject that affects you, (and as a Black man it does whether you are aware of it or not) then get in touch on:
Email email@example.com or text 07538 505845 for further information.